Getting Cancer is the last thing anybody wants to achieve in their lifetime. The chances of getting this disease are pretty high, with one to two women and one to three men developing cancer in their entire lifespan. This disease’s symptoms are very noticeable as long as you keep track of what is happening in your body. These symptoms would be tumors, bleeding and bruising for no apparent reason, eating disorders, and severe fatigue in the body that would last an alarming amount of time. It is a disease that has no treatment, but it can be prevented if noticed just in time.
For Mexicans, this is a big issue because there are not a lot of places to prevent you from having cancer. It is best to check out at least one cancer clinic in Mexico to find out if your symptoms are the results of such a disease.
How Beneficial is it To Check Up With an Oncologist?
An Oncologist is a doctor that is specialized in dealing with people who are in need of medical care due to cancer. It is their job to find treatment and prevent the disease from worsening, and assist the patient with what they need to do to improve their health. There are three different major areas in which they are tasked to do jobs to fight cancer; these are medical oncology, radiation oncology, and surgical oncology.
It is best to communicate with these people who are specialized in those fields in order for you to see the chance of avoiding the suffering you would have to experience if you have the disease. Getting a check-up with these doctors is beneficial to you in a way that they advise you to indulge in activities that would improve your chances of fighting the sickness.
Pros and Cons of Treating Cancer
Cancer is a difficult thing to battle through because of how it can affect the lives of the victim and the people around them. In some cases, it is best to treat the sickness because of how disastrous to your body it may become if left unchecked. Treating this disease can lead to positive effects on your mental, physical, and emotional state once it is done, but some things also have a negative side. Here are some pros and cons that you should take into consideration in treating cancer.
- Prevent cancer from spreading – This is an event that doctors would want to happen in order for the procedure in trying to remove the disease to become easier. This leads to the second pro, which is;
- Shrinking cancer – What this means is that treatment may cause the sickness to shrink, allowing it to be easier to remove once the doctors decide to conduct surgery.
- Slow the growth – This is a major occurrence to happen in order for cancer to not spread throughout your body quickly. The goal of the medication is to minimize the potential damage to your health caused by the disease, which makes this a great event to happen in your body.
- Nausea and Vomiting – These are some side effects of the treatment of cancer to the brain. This is usually common in chemotherapy, which is radiation therapy. When chemotherapy is being conducted, it will trigger an area in your brain that sends signals to your body, either in your stomach, esophagus, or your intestines.
- Hair Loss – This is one common major side effect if you decide to proceed with chemotherapy. It is responsible for attacking rapidly growing cells, such as cancer. What this also attacks are the rapidly growing cells inside your body, for example, your hair. This does not just affect the hair on your scalp; every part of your body that has hair on it will eventually die, too, when the chemotherapy is in effect.
Cancer is a disease nobody with a sane mind wants or expects to have. It is an unexpected occurrence in the body that is only passed down either through genes or the lifestyle choices people make. You could say that treating your cancer is greatly beneficial for you, but some may say that the negative effects of the treatment outweigh the positive effects. It is great to note that if you may think this is the case, this does not mean that those who suffer from the disease should lose hope and stop fighting. Sometimes, it is great to stand by something and live because of it; a great fight through cancer is something worth commending about.